Ethos & Values
As part of a multi-academy trust, Penketh’s ethos and values are grounded in WPAT's guiding principle "To deliver a first-class education through partnership, innovation, school improvement and accountability" and the core values of the trust; Children First, Resilience and Pioneering.
In recognition of the unique characteristics of our school, we have identified four core values which are personal to Penketh; Respect, Responsibility, Resilience and Kindness – Our Penketh Powers.
The characters were designed by our children and the powers are the skills they need to draw upon every day, whether learning in the classroom or playing with friends on the playground.
· Voice your opinions in a kind and thoughtful way
· When you disagree, listen to the other person
· Accept somebody for who they are, even when they're different from you
· Have due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others
· Do the things you are supposed to do, to the best of your ability
· Stay positive and keep on trying
· Try another way
· Work as a team and help each other
· Believe in yourself & don’t give up
· Thinking of others before ourselves
· Being friendly, generous, and considerate to others
· Show kindness in our words and actions