At Penketh Primary Academy, we believe school uniform plays a key part in the ethos of our school. All children are required to wear our uniform which is bright, smart and practical.
Uniform is important because it gives our children a sense of identity and belonging. It promotes a common purpose and fosters a feeling of pride in the school. Uniform prepares our pupils for a world of work and responsibility, therefore helping to develop strong work ethics.
We have chosen our particular items with affordability in mind, ensuring that all pieces are considered value for money and durable. We have worked closely with our school community to ensure that our uniform costs do not strain family budgets, with all items easily available from a wide choice of local retailers.
Uniform also makes it easier for us to identify our pupils as they come into school and move around the site. It allows the community around us to recognise our pupils too.
It is expected that all children will come to school every day in full, neat, clean uniform, giving the message that our children take pride in belonging to our school. The support of parents and carers in ensuring this is expected. Staff are required to ensure these standards from children at all times.
WHOLE SCHOOL PLEASE NOTE:
- All clothes and belongings must be clearly marked with the child’s name.
- No jewellery - other than small, round, plain gold ear studs; no more than one in each ear is allowed in school.
- Nail varnish and transfers are not allowed.
- Long hair must be tied back for all PE lessons. If necessary a scrunchie should be kept with the PE kit.
- The school cannot accept responsibility if clothing and valuables are lost.
- Children can bring their own personal bags to school but these must be as small as possible due to limited cloakroom storage space.
- Trousers/Skirt/Pinafore dress - mid grey
- Shirt/Polo shirt - white
- Jumper or cardigan - navy blue with logo
- Sensible shoes - black/brown/navy, NOT trainers
- If hair is long, it should be tied back with hair bands and scrunchies - plain blue or navy, no large bows
- White or blue T shirt
- Black shorts
- Black plimsolls
Indoor PE kits should be kept in school in a drawstring bag for the full half-term and then taken home to be washed. PE kits should be in school every day.
We do not keep stocks of uniform in school. Parents have a choice of where to purchase uniform and may use Touchline, who are situated on Liverpool Road opposite Crosfields, or Warrington School Wear on Buttermarket Street, Warrington.
Touchline will accept orders online or you may visit their outlet. Name labels are sewn into the uniform purchased and these are delivered to school free of charge within 2 weeks of purchase.
Warrington School Wear are open 7 days a week; uniform can be tried on by your child and taken away the same day. They are also now able to process online orders
Please check their websites for up to date information and current price lists.